background

Monday, May 14, 2012

Toilet paper roll art

I came across pictures of this online and thought, "That's genius! Cheap, easy, and minimal skill necessary!.... Right?" as soon as I saved enough TP and paper towel rolls, I learned that I was right! This project was really easy to put together and looks great in person as well as in the photos.

First step: slice the empty rolls. I did ~1 inch pieces, although for larger projects I'd recommend closer to 2 inches for better support

Next: I pieced together the TP roll slices to decide how I wanted to put it together. I kinda felt like I was playing that game with the blocks where you have to get them to fit into each other to make a picture.






Then: get out the glue gun! I started from the center and worked my way out in circles/rounds. I did change my mind a few times about how far down the slice to put the glue, but an exacto knife came in handy there. I sliced through the dried glue and re-glued where I wanted.





A little spray paint, and voila! It's hanging in the bathroom. Over the toilet. Fitting, wouldn't you say? :)











- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm saving up more TP/PT rolls... not sure what I'm going to try next with it, but i have some ideas! :)

      Delete